- What are the differences among the 3 bottles? Are they the same products of different sizes?
These are the same products of 3 sizes as follows:
- Big bottle 300ml (multi-purpose usage, economical choice)
- Small bottle 55ml (convenient for carrying around, safe to bring onto aircraft)
- Refill bottle 300ml (can be used to refill the content into the small bottle or used to replace with the spray head of the big bottle directly).
- What is Joona Fresh?
Joona Fresh is the new generation of sanitizing and deodorizing solution in spray form (certified by the Korean Testing & Research Institute and the Vietnam National Epidemiology Institute), which can/is:
- Sanitize/ disinfect 99.99% of harmful bacteria and viruses within seconds.
- Eliminate organic odors (food, urine, vomit, foot, damp shoe, cigarette smoke odor, etc.).
- 100% safe for babies and parents. Its active ingredient is HOCl, - the very same chemical that our immune system uses to fight and destroy bacteria and viruses. Joona Fresh causes NO irritation on skin, eyes, and even when ingested. It naturally turns into water after contact. Therefore it is completely safe to use on any surface - even when used directly on your baby's skin. Parents can feel secure when used to spray baby items/skin without rinsing with water.
As such, Joona Fresh can be used to sanitize/disinfect any and all surfaces including baby utensils, bottles, pacifiers, toys, baby carriages, clothes and other baby items. It can also be used to sanitize hands, mouth and any body parts.
- What are the ingredients in this product? How do I know it has disinfecting properties and is completely safe as advertised?
Joona Fresh’s active ingredient, Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), is proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria and viruses within 30 seconds. It is also proven to disinfect a broader spectrum of microorganisms that no alternatives (including alcohol and bleach) can offer. In many developed nations, HOCl has long been approved for a variety of uses, including but not limited to sanitization, food additive, water purification, wound care etc.
The product, Joona Fresh itself, has been tested and certified by trusted international testing agencies, i.e.:
- Korean Testing & Research Institute (KTR)
- The National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology of Vietnam (NIHE)
The Certifications shows that Joona Fresh:
- Can kill 99% bacteria and viruses (including Escherichia coli, Salmonella, Pneumobacillus, Enterococcus, Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa).
- Safe on skin, eyes, and even when ingested.
- Where are the products’ origins?
Joona Fresh is a product of Joona Baby brand of Hana Labs Korea Ltd. Co. The products are manufactured in accordance with patented Korean technology and standards. The factory is located in Thailand. Currently our products are distributed in Vietnam, Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia.
- How is this product different from other sanitizing/disinfecting products on the markets?
Unlike other products on the market, the active ingredient in Joona Fresh is Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) at 115ppm which has been tested and proven to kill 99.99% of bacteria/virus and is safe upon contact with skin, eyes and even when ingested. While other products on the market are using one of the following ingredients for sanitizing/disinfecting effect:
- Benzalkonium chloride 0.1% (example of brand using this: Babyganics manufacturer): This ingredient has bactericidal effect, but has no deodorizing effect as well as can cause allergy upon contact with eyes and mouth.
- Alcohol / Alcohol (examples of brands using this: Purell, Dettol, Green Cross, Kindee, etc.): ingredients that have a bactericidal effect, but kill bacteria less effectively than HOCl, products often have to use fragrance to dominate odor, very prone to cause irritation to skin, eyes, can be dangerous if accidentally ingested.
- Phytoncide (some Korean brands use): a natural derived ingredient, has bactericidal effect, but there is little data on this active ingredient. It is more widely used for therapeutic effect than bactericidal one.
- What is the shelf life of Baby Fresh?
Joona Fresh generally has a shelf life of 24 months from the date of manufacture. It is recommended to use Joona Fresh within 3-6 months after open. After 3-6 months, the antibacterial effect of the product may no longer be optimal.
- I can smell a very slight chlorine odor, similar to bleach when I spray Joona Fresh. Does the product contain bleach?
Firstly, the fact that you can smell a rather slight chloride smell proves that your spray bottle meets the standards for packaging so that air does not get inside and causes destabilization and evaporation.
Secondly, the main active ingredient in Joona Fresh is Hypochlorous acid (HOCl), which may smell like a mild detergent at first (and will disappear within 30 seconds) but make no mistake, it is NOT bleach. Hypochlorous Acid (HOCl) has a chemical structure of ONE part hydrogen, ONE part oxygen and ONE part chlorine combined, while the bleach is Sodium Hypochlorite (NaCIO). Bleach is an artificial chemical that is not found in nature, while HOCl is created in the immune system of mammals, including humans. Bleach can cause serious irritation and damage to the respiratory system and eyes, but HOCl has been tested (by reputable international organizations) to have disinfecting properties and to be completely safe for use.
- How to use Joona Fresh to maximize its effect?
Step 1: Hold the spray bottle about 20 cm away from the surface to be sanitized/disinfected, and spray. The spray will be smooth and even.
Step 2: Wait about 30 seconds for Joona Fresh to take full effect. No need to rinse with water because Baby Fresh naturally transforms into water after contact.
Step 3: Rest assured to contact any surface without worrying about bacteria.
Note: please keep Joona Fresh in a cool place. Avoid prolonged direct sunlight and extreme temperature.